8th ECPC: 8th European Conference on Protective Clothing
The conference intends to be a platform to disseminate, to exchange and to discuss the results of research, project developments and implementation programmes related to protective clothing, with a strong focus on user protection and well-being, installing a dialogue between industries and academic organizations. In addition, the purpose of the “Firefighters Theme Day” is to initiate interaction between end-users and scientists to create a better understanding of their worlds. Industrial partners can benefit from this to develop more task-specific products based on the functional needs of the end-users.
This conference is intended for researchers, designers, manufacturers, purchasers, experts in health and safety and human factors, public authorities (procurement), and end-users.
- New methods and standards
- Thermoregulatory systems for protective clothing
- Smart systems and wearables for protective clothing
- New materials, functionalizations and technologies
- Multi-risk protection
- Sports and Medical Protection
- Sustainability and circular economy
- Ergonomics and Comfort
- Digitisation/Industry 4.0 and PPE performance modelling
- Selection, safe use, maintenance and lifecycle
SPECIAL FIREFIGHTERS’ PROTECTIVE CLOTHING:
- Task-specific clothing
- System approach
- Textile layering as adaptive protection
- Cooling and (forced) ventilation
- Integrated sensor techniques
- Protective layers against hazardous materials in smoke
- Care and maintenance
A project co-funded by the European Commission under the 7th Framework Programme within the NMP thematic area.